Responding to Freedom of Information requests
All requests for information will be responded to within 30 working days.
The legal basis for processing your personal data is:
“9(2)(h) – ..medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment..”
Policies and procedures
The practice has a number of important policies that detail how we provide care and service to our patients. Please ask the Practice Manager if you would like to see copies of the following policies or procedures:
- Confidentiality policy
- Data protection policy
- Information governance policy
- Health and safety policy
- Complaints policy
- Privacy notice
- Privacy impact assessment
Telephone or visit to ask reception for a paper copy.
We welcome comments, suggestions and complaints so that we can continually improve our service to you. Please contact the Practice Manager in person or by phone, letter or email if you have a comment, suggestion or complaint.
We take complaints very seriously and have an effective procedure to resolve any problems in the shortest possible time. You can read more about our procedure in our complaints policy. We always want to have satisfied patients.
Practice name and address
8 Tanners Lane , Barkingside, London, IG6 1QJ
Practice Manager: Dr Caterina Fuiorea
The Information Commissioner
The Information Commissioner is an independent public body and reports directly to Parliament. Further information is available at: www.ico.gov.uk
Dr Caterina Fuiorea
Dr Andreea Irimia
Your personal information
How we look after and safeguard information about you
Protecting your information
The data controller is Dr Caterina Fuiorea. We aim to provide you with the highest quality of dental care. To do this we need to keep records about you, your health and the care we have provided or plan to provide to you. We know that you value your privacy and the security of personal information held about you.
Information recorded about you may include:
- Basic details, such as address, date of birth, next of kin
- Details and clinical records about your treatment, medical and social health
- Records of medicines you have been prescribed
- Information relevant to your continued care from other people who care for you and know you well, such as other health professionals and relatives
The information held about you will not be shared for any reason, unless:
- You ask us to do so
- We ask and you give us specific permission
- We are required by law, for example prescribers must be notified where a patient presents a repeat prescription and the pharmacist becomes aware of clinically significant issues arising in connection with that prescription
- We are permitted by law, for example where public interest overrides the need to keep the information confidential
Anyone who receives information from us also has a legal duty to keep this information confidential, subject to recognised exceptions of the types
Your right to view your clinical records
You have the right to view the original of your clinical records free of charge. To request a copy, please write to the Practice Manager and a copy will be provided within 30 working days.
You have the right to confidentiality.
All of our staff contracts of employment contain a requirement to keep patient information confidential.
Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000
The Freedom of Information Act, gives the general right of access to all types of recorded information held by the practice. The intention of the Act is to encourage a spirit of openness and transparency in the NHS and the whole public sector. Our organisation aims to fully support this.
Any individual or organisation can make a request for information. The applicant does not have to explain why this information is requested.